Thursday, July 29, 2010

Semantic rains ...

A rainy evening, a soulful conversation...then a walk in the rain right on through the memory lane with those scenes from Shaji M Karun's Malayalam movie flashing forth in my mind . I do not know of any other malayalam movie other than "Piravi" that captured the nostalgic bliss of rains in Kerala while depicting the silent plight of a dying father waiting for his long lost son's return.

Came home and got on to the internet to look for Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan's violin composition "Cauvery"...and stumbled upon this magnificent video of Dr.L Subramanyam and his son Ambi Subramanyam playing together.
Like father...Son


... this father waiting for his lost son


Saw 2 fathers and one son in 10 minutes, both on youtube - one in extreme silent agony and the other in eloquent ecstatic symphony.

... and the connecting thread, rains again, weaved a pattern that connects both - the quotes from "Kaushitaki Upanishad" in the beginning of the movie "Piravi" .

Father : My speech in you I would place
Son : Your speech in me I take

Father : My breath in you I would place
Son : Your breath in me I take

Father : My eye in you I would place
Son : Your eye in me I take

Father : My ear in you I would place
Son : Your ear in me I take

Father : My tastes in you I would place
Son : Your tastes in me I take

Father : My deeds in you I would place
Son : Your deeds in me I take

Father : My pleasure and pain in you I would place
Son : Your pleasure and pain in me I take

Father : My bliss, delight and procreation in you I would place
Son : Your bliss, delight and procreation in me I take

Father : My goings in you I would place
Son : Your goings in me I take

Father : My mind in you I would place
Son : Your mind in me I take

Father : My intelligence in you I would place
Son : Your intelligence in me I take

A Dying man's bequest to his son - Kaushitaki Upanishad

1 Comments:

Blogger laughingbudai said...

Father...a word that only had undertone in my life changed...in 2008 Nov 29 when my Lil Buddha came to us...with each his movement he made me cry with happiness...I felt like the earth under a sunny day rain...i was like a fire that had a cold mist around it, instead of the heat...i was happy...

In a corner of my heart i saw a lone tear drop...would he have felt the same for me...my father?

Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home