Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Inside Out? - Her first teaching on photography !

ajai

The one snap you see on the right was the one i liked the most even after I got the one on the left she sent me. It was quite a joy to see her so excited about the snap of mine she took, I have never seen her so happy about some thing she did except for climbing hills alone and staring at the oglers back till they got mortified.

Yes, though she is the one who used to see immensely more in my photography than i myself could see,I have never seen her much with a camera. But that day ,the way she took the snap really intrigues me still. She was quite fast in her moves...and had to look through the view finder just to focus and not to frame...and the way she leaned back on the chair to take the picture... it all made me think that it is going to be while a for her before she is really going to click.

But then, she clicked quite unexpectedly ! I never heard of that snap till yesterday when she called me up and told "See the way i have captured you!"...she sent me the snap. In turn i had sent her one on my blog "Self portrait" and she wrote back :

"see my skill…
I’ve captured u inside out.

the other snap- u look like the stone boy....hehehe
good try
but that’s not u!

what i took is the real u
u were not facing the camera n your head was tilted down
n there was sunset lighting n all the fruits in the back
n u look oblivious to everything!

...absorbed? in what??"


She just did not take the snap, she rather really made it , just as her mind's eye saw.

...What she did , to me, is quite reminiscent of these words of Ansel Adams : "You don’t make a photograph just with a camera, you bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved!"

Wish some day I too could explain a portrait thus!

Yes, it is said that "a picture is worth a thousand words!". True, but the point is to SEE those thousand words before one really clicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home