Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Onam2005

Image

Another Onam came along. The calendar did it's job without fail.

My grandmother must be alone at our ancestral home. Despite all, it is to her I owe my fondest childhood remembrances.

Last time we had a quiet , simple 'onasadya' together. Barely able to walk, she cooked and not just that, she kneaded a clay “onathappan” as well. She did it just because her eldest grandchild came home for onam.

It was just me , her , the TV in between and memories resounding and echoing down the empty corridors .

This time I did not go though I could have…

Wish she takes rest this time.

This Onam pushed me more into a contemplative spell than into a festive mood.

Found this poem of N N Kakkad quite reflective:
Image

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bueno los blogger son paginas muy e interesantes para eel q tiene uno

Thursday, September 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great you sat aside your grandmother , the day through, though from such a distance and recited the beautiful poem for her and for us .

Monday, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home